Sunday, September 7, 2014

To Be or To Live, To Drift or To Pursue, To Linger or To Journey

How do you feel of where you are? What happens in your daily life? Let me guess...

You wake up in the morning, maybe you take a cup of coffee or tea to wake up. You go to school or to work and go through the necessary motions. You come home and fulfill your responsibilities there. Maybe you have an evening-job. Finally the evening comes and you prepare for the night. You sleep and the round starts again. During weekends you might go out with friends but that is the excitement besides regular annual celebrations and occational vations.

Does this sound familiar?

I am 24 in a week or so. I am not married yet. I am still in the process of getting a profession. I do what I burn for. I have goals and dreams and I actively pursue them. I am very happy with my life now but I am not content. I have much to do, much to build.

Of what I have been able to observe, this fire and attitude of pursuit disappear at some point when an individual settles down. Why is it so? I know I am not there and I cannot speak of experience. It still sounds strange. Since when letting go and becoming content with mediocrity became an acceptable lifestyle?

I see young adults, adults, seniors from different backgrounds with different talents and blessings. Among them I see too many caught in the life where nothing changes. There are no challenges. There is no improvement. There is no growth. They go about their lives "drifting" and repeating same things from year to year. They are content. They don't reach for anything higher than the ceiling of their house.

Satan, Lucifer, - what ever you want to call him - has lost his eternal possibilities to progress. This is because of the decisions he has made. The same way we can lose our possibilities to progress and reach the heights prepared for us because of the decisions we make or do not make.

Saying this I don't say that you will end up in Hell. No. I don't believe you are that bad of a person.

What I do say is that progress - be it temporal or eternal - is a blessing that is available to all of us. All we need to do is to pursue it. We need to make decisions that take us there. The only thing that can stop us from reaching our dreams and goals, those things we burn for, those things that make us feel alive is us ourselves.

Eternal life is the greatest of all the gifts and blessings our Father has in store for us. There is only one kind of eternal life. That is the life He lives. He can keep progressing. Not progressing is not really a life. You just are from day to day and eventually from eternity to eternity when you have reached what you can with the choices you have done.

Father has told us what we need to do to keep progressing. That is make a decision to pursue.

This pursuit makes you reach for things. It makes you search. It makes you stretch. It forces you to make a real effort for your life.

There is a godly way of living and the carnal way of living.

The godly way of living means finding out who You are and what You are programmed to do. Believe or not, doing what your Heavenly Father gave you talents to do will make you really happy. The godly way of living means doing things that give you joy while fulfilling your responsibilities. It is having goals. It is challenging your mind, heart, body and spirit.

Right now, after finding the love of my life, knowing who I am now and excited of who I will be, realizing the career path that makes me feel of worth and alive, right now I feel that I am living. I don't want to lose this feeling. I don't want to just be and drift about my life. I want to live and pursue.

I wish to encourage all of you to do the same. And while doing it... Don't forget to enjoy the ride. A great and extremely significant part of this is to enjoy the ride. Life is a journey. Not a price.

Godspeed my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment